Get Involved. It's good to be VOCAL.
As a fast-growing creative lifestyle agency we're always looking for exceptional people to join the team for the vast range of projects we create. Our client roster is diverse, as is our team. There is a young, vibrant culture here and it’s all about delivering great work for clients and having a blast doing so.
We're looking for energetic, creative and proactive people with a passion to work, learn, and further their career in a fast-paced, creative agency environment.
• Executive Assistant (full time)
• Internships: PR & Publicity (part time)
We’re professionals in a landscape of own target audience, and maintain a young, vibrant company culture — it’s about delivering great work for clients and having a blast doing it. Your talents and assets will be nurtured and integrated into your role in the company. We all take a hands-on approach; you must be self-motivated and disciplined to succeed.
Our work is progressive. We are brave in what we do. We are known for our out-of-the-box thinking and non-traditional approach. The idea comes first with complete freedom on creating an exciting campaign. We operate offices in New York and Toronto, and often remotely LA, Paris, Tokyo and London.
This is a great opportunity to join a thriving, growing business. There is a huge scope of work and there is real opportunity to grow with the company. The individual that we are seeking will work directly under the CEO and VP of Communications to manage and execute all required tasks.
• Assist in management of client relations, ensuring first-rate level of professional servicing at all times and use initiative to keep team informed of relevant issues.
• Provide thorough support to the team and deliver work on time.
• Build strong media contacts and demonstrate advanced knowledge of media landscape. Proactively drive publicity for allocated clients and manage media relations to an extremely broad spectrum of outlets.
• Write press releases and briefs (both internal and external) ready for sign-off by supervisor and client.
• Build an advanced knowledge and understanding of all disciplines within the agency. Creative thinking on PR & Marketing initiatives across the board from events, digital marketing, social media activities, and PR.
• Demonstrate a broad understanding of the marketing environment e.g. how things effect your brands and marketing campaigns, both past and present.
• Identify key notables relevant for specified target audience for each brand and project, and develop collaboration, brand endorsement, and product placement opportunities.
• Display a good understanding of competitors and direct all market intelligence back to your team.
• Develop presentations for new and current client meetings, including PR & Marketing strategies, new-business presentations, and client reports.
• Coordinate and execute all administrative tasks independently — weekly agendas, monthly newsletters, company social media posts, and organization of files. There is no job too big or too small.
Some additional benefits include expense-paid travel, attendance to regular events and activations, and the invaluable opportunity to network within New York City’s creative industries. Candidates must have knowledge of and a passion for lifestyle brands within the aforementioned media landscape, as well as an inherent understanding of PR & Marketing. Some additional requirements include:
Professional Experience: At least two years under your belt in PR & Marketing.
Computer Proficiencies: Mac OS, Keynote, MS Office, social media platforms, Google Docs.
High performance: You’re not a 9-to-5er, but a lateral thinker and project completer.
Personal Passion: You inspire others with your drive for excellence.
Selflessness: You check your ego at the door and focus on what’s best for the campaign, and your team.
Self Starting: You effectively manage your schedule to achieve amazing amounts of important work.
Resourcefulness: You don’t have all the answers, but you know how to get them.
Please submit your CV and/or a portfolio of work with a cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for the role. Please include an example of a project that you have worked on in which you were able to overcome a hurdle with a solution that you conjured.
We're looking for passionate, motivated and vibrant interns to join our team and support an astounding list of clientele who are industry leaders within fashion, music, tech and action sports.
Interns will have the unique opportunity to learn about various creative industries (fashion, music, art/design, technology, food & beverage) and more specifically, the world of PR, Marketing and Event Production – a distinct and constantly changing landscape. Additional skillsets acquired by any novice are: creating client-ready presentations and reports, managing guest and media lists, discovering and conducting research on the current media and market landscape, delivering samples to top-tier magazine publications, and how to pitch stories to press outlets and translating a creative thought into reality. Our interns will become familiar with national and regional media outlets across multiple platforms, including: blogs, late night and morning TV shows, magazines (print and digital), radio and podcasts, newspapers, websites, and webzines.
Interns will work closely with the PR Manager and Founder/CEO of VOCAL, each with a unique background in PR/marketing and communications. In addition, when clients host launch events or after parties, the interns will have the opportunity to attend and network among brands, media, and industry influencers. Please check out our clients and case studies, and apply below.
• Must be positive, hard-working, detail oriented, organized and dependable
• Must excel at multi-tasking and know their way around a Mac
• Reliability to handle and complete tasks is very essential
• Genuine interest in the aforementioned industries
• Previous PR, Marketing and Production experience preferred but not required
• Most importantly, all interns must be self-starters as this is a hands-on role agency
• Must submit a resume, cover letter, and writing samples upon request
• Must have working Mac laptop with use of Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
• Start date: immediately
• Hours: 9:30am–6:30pm
• Length: 3–6 months
• Part-time or full-time, with minimum commitment of 2–3 full days /week (maximum 5 full days + events)
Salary: College credit with potential for future hire.